Thursday, November 22, 2012

Playing with Poison by Cindy Blackburn




Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
E-Book

Publisher:
CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

Release Date:
October 2012

 

Best-selling author and pool shark Jessie Hewitt is beyond shocked when her neighbor’s fiancĂ© winds up dead on her couch. To make matters worse, she’s the prime suspect in the murder. As the cops confiscate her couch as part of their investigation, Jessie takes matters into her own hands. She has no intentions for going down for a murder she didn’t commit.

Jessie soon discovers that there were a few people who wanted the guy dead, including his fiancĂ© who happens to be a good friend of Jessie’s. For everyone’s sake, Jessie intends to find the real culprit, even though the handsome local detective Wilson Rye warns her to stay out of it.

This book is filled with everything I love about cozy mysteries – a quaint setting, quirky characters, and a fast-moving plot. The characters range from loving to quirky and a bit eccentric. Not to mention an ex-husband who I quickly hated.

It’s the first book in the author’s “A Cue Ball Mystery” series and I couldn’t put it down. It’s a fast-paced read with humor and mystery blended together to create the perfect story. I definitely have added the other two books to my shopping list. What a fun series. Oh – there’s even a cute white cat named Snowflake.



FTC Disclosure: The author provided me with a copy of this book to review. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.

3 comments:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.